PROTECT YOUR DNA WITH QUANTUM TECHNOLOGY
Orgo-Life the new way to the future Advertising by AdpathwayPockets of New York Mets fans continue to view David Stearns as the person to blame for the struggles endured by the Mets during what became a lost season for the club.
Those individuals likely won't love what Mets owner Steve Cohen had to say about Stearns' status on Wednesday.
Steve Cohen still committed to David Stearns despite the team's record
"I'm committed to David," Cohen said, per SNY. "I've said that before. We're going to move forward. I thought we had a great trade deadline. David is smart. He knows what he's doing. He's very adaptable. He learns from mistakes. That's what I want in a leader."
Stearns joined the Mets in the fall of 2023, and he helped assemble a team that completed a trip to the 2024 National League Championship Series. However, the 2025 Mets then endured a summer collapse en route to missing the playoffs, and Stearns responded by dismantling the core of the club's roster.
Specifically, he parted ways with fan favorites such as slugger Pete Alonso, closer Edwin Diaz, outfielder Brandon Nimmo and utility man Jeff McNeil. The Mets subsequently became the new "Worst Team Money Could Buy," and the last-place club began Wednesday with a record of 57-70 on the campaign.
Steve Cohen comments on David Stearns' mistakes
During his media availability, Cohen was asked what mistakes he felt Stearns made following the 2025 season.
"We might have taken too much risk, as far as when you think about all the changes that were made," Cohen said. "Whenever there are significant changes, sometimes it takes a while to integrate. Those are things I'm looking at."
Earlier this summer, Cohen revealed that he planned for shortstop Francisco Lindor and outfielder Juan Soto to remain with the Mets through at least the upcoming offseason. The relationship between Lindor and Soto has reportedly improved from what it previously was, and Cohen suggested on Wednesday that he is excited to have the two in the lineup together next season.
As for Stearns, he is under contract through 2028. Barring a surprising development, it sounds like he will get an opportunity to continue the Mets' latest roster restructuring through another offseason.







![[Highlight] After throwing a season-high 27 pitches last night, Tanner Scott gets back-to-back saves on 8 pitches and Dodgers complete the sweep.](https://external-preview.redd.it/bWs1c3p0YzlmZ2toMS5SL7eHxwOesWlj5qZkl8WmsfUGUQDGc0wlPoTZtMid.jpeg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=4b7c983f29e9b99f4d18ab1c7eeecc471b5a2530)









English (US) ·
French (CA) ·